Studies show that even if you see your doctor for an annual physical, physicians bypass the hearing portion of the physical nearly 70 percent of the time.
Because the onset of hearing loss is often gradual, people may not even realize they have any impairment. Many people lose their hearing as they age. But noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL) is affecting people of all ages. In fact, research indicates that 1 in 14 people between the ages of 29- 40, and 1.4 million people under the age of 18 have some degree of hearing loss.
The following questions will help you determine whether you need your hearing evaluated:
- Do you have trouble following conversations when two or more people are speaking at the same time?
- Do you have problems communicating by telephone?
- Do you find yourself asking people to repeat themselves?
- Do you misunderstand what others are saying and respond inappropriately?
- Do you have ringing, humming or buzzing in your ears?
- Does background noise make listening difficult?
- Do people tell you that the volume of your television is too loud?
If you’ve answered yes to two or more of these questions you may be experiencing hearing loss and should schedule a screening.
Getting your hearing tested is simple, quick and painless.
At Audio Help Hearing Centers, located in New York City in your Manhattan and Scarsdale neighborhoods, we offer a free hearing screening. This screening will help us determine whether or not further testing is needed.
So what are you waiting for? Schedule your free, no-obligation hearing screening today. It may be one of the most important things you can do for your loved ones, your social life, and yourself.